Nothing Follows, Nothing Stays

This is a collection of some of the music I made between 2007-2009 in New Zealand that has gone unreleased for a while. It is mostly slow, introspective, and often sad. It was made during years spent not really listening to any music, sitting alone in the bush or by the ocean, in a sort of private trance. Geologic time.

It was a process of discovery, sonically and personally. And while I’m doing different things now (sonically and personally) this is still a part of my life, a step along the way to where I’m going.

Get it direct from

Bandcamp

CDBaby

iTunes

(Blog post about it here.)

Nothing Follows, Nothing Stays ::: Lyrics

Comments

1. Ronnie says:

Thanks so much! You ROCK!

2. Love says:

Amazing music, I absolutely love Emptyself & Cire, and hope you continue to always make this beautiful music. It moves & inspires me, and thank you for your hard work and this beautiful art.

3. Matt says:

Thanks for releasing it Eric, it’s been a while, I like the emotion a lot. I’d really love to hear another album from Cire and/or Emptyself in the metaphysical realm like Adrenological. That is still one of my favorite albums of all time.

4. SundayMorning says:

The atmosphere of your music and your voice is just incredible, I feel like I’m immersed in a different world of emotion and thought. Thanks for doing this, it’s worth it.

5. Dauto says:

Greetings from Brazil, your songs are great !!

6. Charles says:

I second what Sunday Morning said. Your voice fits your musical style perfectly. While I enjoyed Cire, the two albums you’ve released through Emptyself are my two favorite albums. Seriously. I would easily pay 2-3x more for your music than the seven dollars you charge. Every time someone hears me listening to you they always want to hear more. I wish more people had exposure to you. Your music is so much better than what’s mainstream right now. NEVER STOP MAKING MUSIC! WE NEED MORE!

7. marc says:

love your music, mate. keep on going & releasing!